Sometimes it feels like the only way to really make an impact is to do something grand - start a non-profit, go on a mission, donate a large sum of money. Unfortunately, these grand gestures can also feel very difficult and time consuming, so many times rather than just do what we can we feel defeated, like we don't really have the time or capability to make a difference in the world, so why even bother.
Instead of taking this approach we'd like to challenge you today to just give what you can. We've compiled a list of 10 easy ways to START MAKING AN IMPACT TODAY. Take a chance and try one of these simple actions and trust that even the smallest actions done with great love can make all the difference in the world.
10 Ways to Increase your Impact NOW
- Find a cause you believe in and start a monthly donation of $25.00. That’s roughly the same as skipping coffee out one day per week.
- Search for an opportunity to serve in your local community and JUST DO IT! So often we make volunteering so much bigger and harder than it needs to be in our head. There are plenty of opportunities to serve and volunteer in your local community. I was able to find 10 different opportunities in the Portland area within 5 minutes of searching on Google.
- Smile more. This is one you can start doing immediately. It’s a simple thing to do and it can have a great impact on the people around you. It doesn’t cost you any money or take any extra time, so it’s a great way to start.
- Do a random act of kindness for someone at some point in your day. Maybe buy coffee for a stranger or give a bag of goods to someone on the street.
- Give more sincere compliments. Look for opportunities to praise and recognize people throughout the day.
- Meditate on or pray for your loved ones. See great things happening for the people you love and care about and ask God, or the Universe or whatever you want to call it, to bless and care for them.
- Identify and offer some of your gifts and talents to a cause you believe in.
- Put yourself in a PEAK STATE. When you feel great it’s amazing how much your energy can rub off onto others.
- Give to someone close to you. Begin with impacting the lives within the walls of your own home.
- Forgive someone. The kindness you choose to show to someone who has wronged you can create such a positive ripple effect in both your own life and in the life of the other person.